Saturday, July 3, 2010

Song the First

So...here's my first go at this. It was really surprising, actually, how easily this song came to me. I didn't over-analyze the chord progression and I really didn't even think about the melody. To be completely frank, I wrote most of it deaf, just listening every so often and then pressing on. It just seemed right as I was writing it without even needing to hear it. I'm very pleased with how it turned out, though you must pardon the digital sound of it. Hope you enjoy and please feel free to let me know what you think. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Very happy to hear music coming out of you again. I've listened 4 times now. Your melody has some nice ups and downs and changes, although it is a little disjointed. I hope you develop it some more. I am not familiar with the limitations of this format, but I'm guessing what would normally be drums have a single characteristic to them that is reminiscent to gun or cannon fire on a distant Civil War battlefield. Would they could vary in intensity and quality. I really like what starts happening at 1:18, and am very excited about pretty much everything from 1:42. I expected a more decisive and resolved ending; this one kind of dinks away on a double note. Overall, it makes me feel energized and ready for a challenge. Well done, you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. 5 times, and it should have been "reminiscent of". I will share this at Patty's tonight!

    ReplyDelete